Monday, January 08, 2007

In Memory


Total Boy, originally uploaded by lmentler.

Brandon Everett Beatty
Sept. 2, 2005 - Dec. 26, 2006

I was sitting here for the longest time trying to find the best thing to write. Brandon was a very special, amazing little boy. He had the most beautiful blue eyes and was such a bundle of energy. I feel so lucky to have been able to see him so often and spend so much time with him and his mommy. He was my son's best friend.
Sebastian looked at this picture of Brandon on the monitor this afternoon and said three words, "Dindin" (meaning Brandon), he paused and then said "fwriend", and finally "bubbles". I don't know how he remembers the day this was taken in October when they were playing with the bubbles. Or maybe he just remembers that Brandon loved bubbles. I don't know.
I do know that we loved him very much, we miss him everyday and I will always remember and cherish the times that I spent with him and his family.

4 comments:

J. Paige said...

We all loved Brandon and will miss him so much. :(

KT said...

Laura- Thank you for taking and sharing this photo. You have captured Brandon so beautifully for all of us who loved this amazing little boy. I believe that our little ones create amazingly deep and loving relationships with each other even at a young age. They seem to have an unlimited capacity to love. I know Sebastian's words may be simple but they reflect the depth of his feelings for his best friend.

Sarah Purgason said...

What a wonderful picture of Brandon. I love his spirit in the pic- and I always loved those cheeks. He was precious.

Unknown said...

A picture is truly worth a thousand words. This is a great picture and even though I didn't know him, your words and what you captured in this picture went straight to my heart.